Now that Mental Health Awareness Week has come to an end, it’s time to reflect on some of the great coverage, participation and sharing that made this week the best Mental Health Awareness Week yet.
Thank you to everyone who ordered a Helpline Pack, signed the Building Mental Health Charter, held a Lighthouse Day, or supported us in any way – the profile of Mental Health in the construction industry has definitely been raised!
While it is fantastic that so many people got on board last week, it’s so important to remember that Mental Health Awareness is not just for one week a year. Ill mental health is a very real problem across our industry every single day. And with 2 workers committing suicide each day, it is more vital than ever that companies and colleagues work together to identify and support colleagues who are having difficulties before it gets to crisis point.
As a charity we have all the tools available to support companies and individuals on their Mental Health Awareness journeys;
- Company Supporter – sign up as a Company Supporter and pledge an annual donation to help keep our 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline operating and helping families through difficult times
- Lighthouse Day – register to hold a Lighthouse Day and dedicate a day to raising funds (download a fundraising pack for ideas)
- Helpline Pack – order a Helpline Pack with posters and cards detailing our 24/7 Construction Industry Helpline number for display around your site
- Tool Box Talk – use our Tool Box Talk presentation at your next induction and make sure your employees and colleagues know where they can get support should they need it
- Building Mental Health Charter – sign the Building Mental Health Charter and show your commitment to tackling mental health in the construction industry
- Mental Health First Aid Training – register for some Mental Health First Aid training, and make sure your sites have trained support available for all workers