This course is aimed at delegates who have an interest in supporting people with their mental health.
This two-day course qualifies you as a Mental Health First Aider, giving you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
Delivery: This is an online course delivered through a virtual platform. Learning takes place through live training sessions, with self-learning activities in between. Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Duration: 4 live sessions delivered over 2 weeks
Takeaways: Everyone who completes the course will receive:
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
Delegates: 8 – 16 (We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn)
Cost: Free for individuals, but if you would like training tailored specifically to your organisation’s needs, then please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in joining one of our courses, please register your interest below and a member of our team will get in touch.