Mental Health First Aid Training
We are able to offer a full range of construction-focussed mental health training courses to the industry. These training courses form part of the Building Mental Health five-step framework, so whether you’re just starting out on implementing a positive mental health culture or you’ve already started your journey, these courses will ensure that you have a robust wellbeing strategy in your organisation.
We are a CITB fully approved training organisation (ATO), which means that all our courses are delivered to a defined and industry-agreed training standard.
If you are a CITB registered organisation that receive training through us, we will also be able to reclaim a levy of £30 for a half-day course and £70 for a two-day course on your behalf.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training courses teach people to spot the signs of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially reach out to someone before it reaches a crisis point.
Plus, four of our five ‘Wellbeing Sessions’ are CPD Certified.
Benefits of Mental Health and Wellbeing Training
- Build employees’ confidence to have open conversations around mental health and break the stigma
- Encourage people to access support early when needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promote a mentally healthy environment, stopping preventable issues and allowing people to thrive and become more productive
- Embed a long term positive culture across the whole organisation, where employees recognise their mental and physical health are supported as equal parts of the whole person