Mental Health First Aid Training
We are able to offer a full range of construction focussed mental health training courses to the industry. These training courses form part of the Building Mental Health five-step framework, so whether you’re just starting out on implementing a positive mental health culture or you’ve already started your journey, these courses will ensure that you have a robust wellbeing strategy in your organisation.
We are a CITB fully approved training organisation (ATO), which means that all our courses are delivered to a defined and industry-agreed training standard.
If you are a CITB registered organisation that receive training through us, we will also be able to reclaim a levy of £30 for a half-day course and £70 for a two-day course on your behalf.
The training options available suit a range of timescales and budgets, from tool box talks, basic mental health awareness sessions to a full Mental Health First Aider qualification.
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) England training courses teach people to spot the signs of mental health issues, offer initial help and guide a person towards support. We don’t teach people to be therapists, but we do teach people to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis – and even potentially reach out to someone before it reaches a crisis point.
Benefits of Mental Health and Wellbeing Training
- Build employees’ confidence to have open conversations around mental health and break the stigma
- Encourage people to access support early when needed, for a faster recovery
- Empower people with a long term mental health issue or disability to thrive in work
- Promote a mentally healthy environment, stopping preventable issues and allowing people to thrive and become more productive
- Embed a long term positive culture across the whole organisation, where employees recognise their mental and physical health are supported as equal parts of the whole person
Toolbox Talks, bespoke to your organisation’s needs
Designed to give you the:
- Confidence to open the conversation with someone
- Ability to approach someone you think may need some help
- Steps your company should embrace to have a healthy mental health culture in your workplace
Mental health awareness, half-day course
Designed to give you:
- An understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge stigma
- Basic knowledge of some common mental health issues
- An introduction to looking after your own mental health and maintaining wellbeing
- Confidence to support someone in distress or who may be experiencing a mental health issue
Mental Health First Aider, two-day course
Designed to give you:
- An in-depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer or the NHS
Lunch and Learn Training
This ‘bite size’ training consists of four sessions that can be delivered in a lunch and learn style, either individually or as a whole days training. The four sessions are as follows:
- Coping with stress – covers pressure and stress, causes, coping mechanisms, and how we can build our resilience to stress
- Work, life balance – covers what is good work life balance, how to achieve it
- Mindfulness – covers what mindfulness is about and how you can implement mindfulness into your day
- Resilience – covers resilience, how to build resilience and top tips to take away to implement to keep your resilience growing