Golf Day Success at Forrester Park.....
51 players teed up with a shotgun start provided by the course. The weather was fantastic and the course conditions were excellent, the greens were challenging due to the speed, some players commented that they played faster than they would at the Masters!
The format was Stableford Points ¾ Handicap allowance with a yellow ball team event. Each team member played alternative holes with the yellow ball scoring for the team.
Laura & Kelsey attended and organised the European Golf Challenge on hole number 6, beat the professional golfer, Kelsey, and a hole in one challenge. Every group took up the challenge and there were 10 winners who each won a Taylor Made Shoe Bag, unfortunately no-one could manage a hole in one and win the luxury holiday to Mauritius! Joe Gribbon was very close but somehow missed his putt for a 2, Keith Steele mentioned that Kelsey had put him off, no idea how?
The golfers who attended thoroughly enjoyed the day, even Paul Thomson who had to get his ball retriever re-gripped by the club professional after the round. The scoring was excellent even when the wind picked up on a challenging course, Mark McCathie blazed a drive 300yrds into the wind which won the longest drive contest on number 13. Tony Fraser lofted a lovely iron shot to the elevated par 3 2nd hole that no-one else could match and took the nearest the pin spoils. After being cut by 2 shots since winning the Autumn outing Barrie Sheppard will be back in front of the handicap committee after his excellent 32 points handed him the trophy and green jacket for the best scoring member.
Brian Smith eclipsed his total with 34 points and was crowned guest champion and committed to joining the Lighthouse Club so he can take the main prize next time. Team Renolit could not be touched with a formidable 40 point total with the yellow ball, truly outstanding considering the ball was a brick!
The prizes were all donated by the hosts and guests on the day and were greatly appreciated as it helped to boost the money raised for the charity to £1500.
14 groups took part– Hosted by;
Scotia Roofing Supplies, Assa Abloy Entrance Systems, Ecotherm Insulation, Pasquill Roof Trusses, Marshall Brown (Windows) Ltd, Kestrel BCE, Jewson, Morrison Construction, Renoli, Janex , SIG Construction Services, Innes Building & Timber Merchants, Mark McCathie Joinery, International Timber
• Nearest The Pin at No. 2 – Tony Fraser (Guest of Jewson) Putter & Wine
• Longest Drive at No. 13 – Mark McCathie – Bottle of Vodka & Box of Balls
• Team Prize – Renolit – Hosted by Keith Steele, Team - Brian Smith, Craig Smith, Joe Gribbon & Bryan Kay – Bottle of Wine & Box of Balls each
• Guest Runner Up – Martin Hynd 32 points (Guest of Janex) – Bottle of Wine, Umbrella & Box of Balls
• Guest Winner – Brian Smith 34 points (Guest of Renolit) – Bottle of Whiskey, Umbrella & Box of Balls
• Lighthouse Member Runner Up – Nick Grieve 28 points (Ecotherm Insulation) – Bottle of Whiskey & Box of Balls
• Lighthouse Member Winner – Barrie Sheppard 32 points (Assa Abloy) – Bottle of Whiskey, Bottle of Port, Box of Balls, Green Jacket & Trophy
• Booby Prize – Tom Devlin 11 points (Guest of Pasquill) – Mickey Mouse Pitch Repair & Marker Set & Pack of Balls
• Beat the Pro & Hole in One Challenge – 10 winners who each received a European Golf Challenge Taylor Made Shoe Bag
• Magic 2’s – 2 Winners each receiving £50 – Tom Devlin & Joe Gribbon
• 4 Ball Raffle – Marriot Dalmahoy (Donated by Tom Devlin) won by Fred Kania (Guest of Marshall Brown) & Lee Westwood Colt Course (Donated by European Golf Challenge) won by John Innes (Director Innes Building & Timber)
• Masters Sweep – 2 winners £75 each, Bob Rattray (Guest of Scotia Roofing Supplies) & Brian Smith (Guest of Renolit)
Thank you all for attending and we look forward to seeing you at the Autumn outing in September.