Delivering emergency financial support to construction families in need is the corner stone of our charitable work, but in addition to providing emergency financial aid, we also offer free and confidential advice on a portfolio of support services including:
- Occupational health and wellbeing issues as an employee or an employer
- Support and advice for sufferers of stress and addiction related illness
- Advice on matters ranging from divorce to employment
- Advice on specific tax related issues concerning employment within the construction sector
- Help to manage and reschedule debt
- Help to understand the benefits system and entitlement especially if caring for others
- Support on career changes, especially after accident or injury preventing return to your original job
Last year, our Construction Industry Helpline supported 1345 families in crisis and 313 construction families were delivered a total of £602,314 in emergency financial aid. 1032 cases related to mental health and wellbeing advice, debt management and tax support and legal assistance.
We are also strengthening our relationships with other charities such as MacMillan Cancer Research, MIND, Samaritans and Citizens Advice to ensure that we reach the people that desperately need our help. Last year, 48% of our referrals for financial aid came from other charities and organisations supporting construction families, so it is good to know that by working together for the greater good we can reach more of those in need.